Striped Crop Top and Skirt: Topshop
Striped Crop Top and Skirt: Topshop
1. Prada Chunky Heel Sandal || 2. Kenneth Cole New York ‘Jackson’ Bootie || 3. Chloé Metal-Trim Leather Pump || 4. Maison Margiela Strappy Chunky Heel Sandals || 5. Giuseppe Zanotti Suede Ladder Strap Sandal || 6. Topshop ‘Riot’ Sandals || 7. ZARA Lace-up Leather Ankle Boot || 8. Aquazzura Very Eugenie Pump || 9. kate spade new york ‘Imma’ Sandal || 10. kate spade new york ‘Ingrada’ Sandal || 11. Burberry Block-Heel Scrunch Boot || 12. Valentino ‘Rockstud’ Sandal
1. Forever21 Low-Back Halter Jumpsuit || 2. Parker Beaded Crop Top || 3. ZARA Halter Neck Tube Dress || 4. Topshop ’70s High Neck Tank || 5. Topshop High Neck Bikini Set || 6. ASTR Sleeveless Crochet Dress || 7. Charlie Jade Floral Maxi Dress || 8. Topshop High Roll Crop Top || 9. ZARA Top with Halter Neck || 10. Alexis ‘Medeia’ Pleated Flare Top || 11. Jason Wu Textured Halter Gown || 12. Forever21 Marled Knit Halter Top
Growing up, I lived for the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale, because it was and still is one of the best sales out there. All these amazing pieces that are fun and fresh go on sale for a limited time, making you feel like you’re getting away with something by buying these pieces! Nordstrom’s Half Yearly Sale started on Wednesday, and they have a good crop of clothes and accessories on sale for 40% off. I haven’t been able to make it to Nordstrom yet to see what the stores have, but I have definitely been perusing the website, and bookmarking some pieces that I am loving!! Here are some pieces that I will be on the hunt for tomorrow when I hit the Nordstrom store!
1. MINKPINK ‘Stealing Harvard’ Dress || 2. Veronica Beard ‘Palm’ Sweater || 3. Current/Elliott ‘The Stiletto’ Jeans || 4. Vince ‘Nina’ D’Orsay Flat || 5. Elizabeth and James ‘Caident’ Skirt || 6. T by Alexander Wang Chunky Knit Hoodie || 7. T by Alexander Wang Silk Twill Shorts || 8. Topshop Lace Off the Shoulder Dress || 9. rag & bone ‘Joelle’ Tank || 10. Helmut Lang Layered High/Low Silk Top || 11. Alexander Wang ‘Prisma’ Backpack || 12. Alice + Olivia ‘Libby’ Skirt
I LOVE the rain. For many reasons. I love the smell, I love the sound, I love how clean everything looks after a good rain. But most importantly, I love cold weather/rain fashion. For some reason, I think I look better in sweaters, and vests, and boots, and coats. So, any chance I get in this current California drought, to rock some of these pieces, I get really excited!! The past week or so has seen cold weather and some rain in Southern California, which means I get to bust out my favorite pieces from closet. Take a look at some of the pieces that I’m currently coveting and inspired by for this wet weather!
1. Burberry London ‘Kensington’ Heritage Trench || 2. Hunter Rain Boots || 3. Topshop V-Neck Merino Wool Sweater || 4. Topshop Split Black Duster || 5. ZARA Printed Jacquard Leggings || 6. Vince Wool-Blend Cardigan || 7. Rag & Bone ‘Classic Newbury’ Suede Bootie || 8. A Detacher Oversized Knit Cardigan || 9. ZARA V-Neck Tank Top || 10. Paige ‘Verdugo’ Skinny Jeans || 11. ZARA Padded Vest With Contrast Edging || 12. June & Hudson V-Neck Tunic
The first Monday of May is my favorite Monday of the year because it’s Met Gala Monday!! Celebrities and fashionistas alike come together to celebrate the newest Costume Institute exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. I love the Met Gala because it’s a chance for fashion geeks like me to salivate over some of the most beautiful couture, inspired by the exhibit’s theme.
image via metmuseum.org
This year’s exhibit is China: Through the Looking Glass and explores how Chinese aesthetics, art and culture has influenced Western designers and the pieces they create. The museum’s website describes the exhibit as “[h]igh fashion will be juxtaposed with Chinese costumes, paintings, porcelains, and other art, including films, to reveal enchanting reflections of Chinese imagery,” and that it “will feature more than one hundred examples of haute couture and avant-garde ready-to-wear alongside Chinese art.
Some attendees really took the Chinese theme to heart and incorporated these looks in their ensembles, while others may have stayed away from the theme but still looked utterly gorgeous in their gowns. Take a look at my favorite looks below!
A trend I’ve been noticing lately is the wrap skirt. From long to short, from boho to pencil skirt, there is a wrap skirt for every occasion, and I am loving it! It gives any look an easy feel and a hint of edge. Check out some wrap skirts I’m dying to add to my closet!
1. Mason by Michelle Mason ‘Wrap Skirt with Lace’ || 2. ZARA ‘Gold Button Wrap Skirt’ || 3. Altuzarra ‘Ruffle Wrap Skirt’ || 4. Prabal Gurung ‘Silk Wrap Skirt’ || 5. Jason Wu ‘Brushstroke Print Wrap Skirt’ || 6. Issa ‘Geometric Print Wrap Skirt’ || 7. Tibi ‘Suede Feather Weight Wrap Skirt’ || 8. Keepsake ‘Night After Night’ Wrap Skirt || 9. Stella McCartney ‘Metallic Dot Wrap Skirt’ || 10. Topshop ‘Cape Flower’ Wrap Skirt || 11. Tamara Mellon’Leather Fringe Skirt’ || 12. Rachel Pally ‘Kerr’ Skirt