I have a confession: I love shoes. Like, a lot. I am willing to spend more money on shoes than on anything else. And, I think it’s because no matter what type of outfit I’m wearing, the shoes always complete it. At the moment, I’m obsessed with espadrilles. They’re the perfect shoe for summertime, especially summer trips when you’re walking around all day and need comfortable, yet stylish shoes.
As I was browsing some spring sales this past weekend, I came across the perfect pair in the Barneys Warehouse sale, at a steal of a price!! These gorgeous Aquazurra Belgravia Espadrilles are now mine and I couldn’t be more excited!! Now, knowing that I have a 3 week Europe trip around the corner, I may have started looking up some other espadrilles for the trip, because a girl always needs options for different outfits, right? Take a look below at the ones I’m currently coveting, including the new addition to my wardrobe.
- Soludos // 2. Aquazurra // 3. Proenza Schouler // 4. Michael Kors // 5. Loeffler Randall // 6. Saint Laurent // 7. Chloé // 8. Valentino // 9. Circus by Sam Edelman
Spring is here! They say springtime represents new life, a renaissance of sorts. I see it as an opportunity to revamp our closets and breathe new life into our daily wardrobe. A time to put away our sweaters, coats, leggings and boots in the dark colors of winter and re-emerge in the flirty dresses, tops, tanks and sandals in the warm colors of Spring. Particularly, the pastel colors that herald the start of this new season.
I teamed up with Farfetch to bring you my inspiration for springtime. I put together a wishlist/inspiration board that represents how I see myself in these coming months.Each piece is not only a spring silhouette – think crop tops, vests, and dresses – but also is in a soft pastel color that matches the warm weather that Spring brings us.
I am most of all obsessed with the Alexander McQueen off the shoulder mini dress. Nothing says Spring like a ruffly mini dress in a warm cloud blue that shows off a little shoulder and a little leg.
Take a look at my wishlist below and be inspired to revamp your own wardrobe with some pieces that evoke the warmth and renaissance that Spring brings!
- Stella McCartney ‘Ernest’ Blazer || 2. Marni ‘Trunk’ Bag || 3. Carven Cross-Over Top || 4. Lauren Dacade Bow Sandals || 5. Rochas Embroidered Top || 6. Alexander McQueen Ruffled Mini Dress || 7. John Galliano Vintage Trousers
Because Saturday is the 4th of July, I decided to do this week’s Currently Coveting early. I am all about dressing for a holiday, especially Independence Day because then i can show off my patriotism!! The funny thing is I don’t actually know yet what I’m doing for the 4th! I’ll either be at the beach, at a barbecue, or a house party. So I’ve been looking for some inspiration that’s versatile and can move from the beach to a house.
I started browsing Farfetch for some inspiration and realized that this website is just the aesthetic that I am looking for for my Independence Day dressing. I want to stick to the traditional red, white, and blue, and stars and stripes but I don’t want to be over the top with the American flag a la Forever21. Farfetch gave me some great ideas. I seem to be moving towards a statement piece, like the striped skirt or the gingham dress and keep the rest of my pieces within the red, white and blue color scheme. Make sure to check back to see what I end up wearing to celebrate America’s birthday!!
1. Saint Laurent Star Glitter Tunic Dress || 2. Dsquared2 Striped Wedge Sandal || 3. MSGM Pleated Front Striped Dress || 4. Jimmy Choo ‘Rebel’ Cross Body Bag || 5. Sacai Luck Striped Bouclé Knit Skirt || 6. Comme Des Garçons Star Print Top || 7. Marco De Vincenzo Printed Printed Flare Dress || 8. Mm6 Maison Margiela Striped Sweatshirt || 9. Moncler Woven Espadrille || 10. Eggs Brushed Stripe Print T-shirt || 11. Burberry Striped Tote || 12. Eggs Striped Wide Leg Trousers
I have loved the gladiator sandal since I bought my first pair back in 2010 at a Zara in Italy. And, though the style has come and gone, I have worn my several pairs of gladiators nonstop since then. Recently, for Spring/Summer 2015, the style has resurfaced, much to my delight! And, with it has come gladiators in all styles: from knee-high, structured and flat sandal to ankle-high, dainty and pump – there is a style for every taste and every occasion!
1. ZARA Leather Gladiator Sandals || 2. Belle by Sigerson Morrison Appa Gladiator Sandals || 3. Jeffrey Campbell Enyo Gladiator Sandal || 4. Stuart Weitzman Leg-Wrap Lace-Up Sandal || 5. ZARA Leather Roman Sandals || 6. Club Monaco Thiasis Sandal || 7. Stuart Weitzman Backview Leather Gladiator Sandal || 8. Bottega Veneta Lace-Up Sandals || 9. Stuart Weitzman Sparta Sandal || 10. Splendid Tayler Lace Up Sandals || 11. ZARA Fringed Leather Gladiator Sandals || 12. Chloe Gladiator Sandal
Growing up, I lived for the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale, because it was and still is one of the best sales out there. All these amazing pieces that are fun and fresh go on sale for a limited time, making you feel like you’re getting away with something by buying these pieces! Nordstrom’s Half Yearly Sale started on Wednesday, and they have a good crop of clothes and accessories on sale for 40% off. I haven’t been able to make it to Nordstrom yet to see what the stores have, but I have definitely been perusing the website, and bookmarking some pieces that I am loving!! Here are some pieces that I will be on the hunt for tomorrow when I hit the Nordstrom store!
1. MINKPINK ‘Stealing Harvard’ Dress || 2. Veronica Beard ‘Palm’ Sweater || 3. Current/Elliott ‘The Stiletto’ Jeans || 4. Vince ‘Nina’ D’Orsay Flat || 5. Elizabeth and James ‘Caident’ Skirt || 6. T by Alexander Wang Chunky Knit Hoodie || 7. T by Alexander Wang Silk Twill Shorts || 8. Topshop Lace Off the Shoulder Dress || 9. rag & bone ‘Joelle’ Tank || 10. Helmut Lang Layered High/Low Silk Top || 11. Alexander Wang ‘Prisma’ Backpack || 12. Alice + Olivia ‘Libby’ Skirt
I LOVE the rain. For many reasons. I love the smell, I love the sound, I love how clean everything looks after a good rain. But most importantly, I love cold weather/rain fashion. For some reason, I think I look better in sweaters, and vests, and boots, and coats. So, any chance I get in this current California drought, to rock some of these pieces, I get really excited!! The past week or so has seen cold weather and some rain in Southern California, which means I get to bust out my favorite pieces from closet. Take a look at some of the pieces that I’m currently coveting and inspired by for this wet weather!
1. Burberry London ‘Kensington’ Heritage Trench || 2. Hunter Rain Boots || 3. Topshop V-Neck Merino Wool Sweater || 4. Topshop Split Black Duster || 5. ZARA Printed Jacquard Leggings || 6. Vince Wool-Blend Cardigan || 7. Rag & Bone ‘Classic Newbury’ Suede Bootie || 8. A Detacher Oversized Knit Cardigan || 9. ZARA V-Neck Tank Top || 10. Paige ‘Verdugo’ Skinny Jeans || 11. ZARA Padded Vest With Contrast Edging || 12. June & Hudson V-Neck Tunic
I’m heading up to LA this weekend for my friend’s bachelorette festivities!! I’m so excited to go back to my old stomping grounds in West Hollywood and stir up a little trouble with my closest friends! To mark the occasion, I decided to finally wear this AMAZING ASTR pencil skirt that I have but have never worn because I just couldn’t seem to find the right top for it. I was on the hunt this week for the perfect top and was inspired by the current trend of a crop top paired with a pencil skirt. I love this look because it creates a going out look that is sexy but not overtly out there, in other words it’s juuuust right!
Here are some pieces that I used as inspiration during my week-long search for the perfect crop top to pair with my skirt. I am so excited to have fun this weekend and also to rock this look!!
1. Nicholas Bonded Crossover Skirt and Top || 2. Clover Canyon Neoprene Bralette and Pencil Skirt || 3. Lulu’s ‘Do You Boo’ Skirt and ‘Street Smart’ Crop Top || 4. Forever21 Polka Dot Knit Pencil Skirt || 5. Forever21 Floral Lace Pencil Skirt || 6. Mugler Pencil Skirt and Crop Top || 7. Jaggar Marvel Neoprene Skirt and NastyGal ‘Side Step’ Crop Top || 8. Elizabeth and James ‘Hupton’ Crop Top and Pencil Skirt || 9. Cushnie et Ochs Stripe Skirt and Asymmetrical Top || 10. Nookie X Revolve ‘Alley Oop’ Pencil Skirt and ‘V Front’ Crop Top || 11. Nicholas Bandage Knit & Mesh Skirt || 12. ASOS Pencil Skirt with Sequins and All Over Sequin Co-Ord Top
Maybe it’s because it’s springtime and the weather is warming up, allowing for more fun and light pieces or maybe it’s because we are in the midst of festival season, but I am loving fringe right now. It an evokes a kind of flirty look with a touch of vintage flair. Whether it’s full on fringe that make you want to swish left and right or a subtle fringe that gives your look a little bohemian edge, fringe is the perfect trend to breathe some fresh air into your spring wardrobe!
Check out some fringe pieces I have my eye on right now!
1. MISSGUIDED Fringe T-shirt Dress || 2. Paper Crane Faux Suede Fringe Crop Tank || 3. Jeffrey Campbell Enyo Suede Fringe Gladiator Heel || 4. Volcom ‘Marooned’ High Waist Woven Dress || 5. Chloé Fringe-Trim Blouse || 6. Giambattista Valli Fringed Leather Skirt || 7. The Row Wellan Silk Tunic || 8. Donna Karan Tweed Jacket || 9. Paul Andrew Fringe-Trim Aztec Pumps || 10. LaMarque Zura Suede Blazer || 11. Rory Beca Jaycee Silk Fringe Top || 12. Saint Laurent Fringed Suede Shift Dress || 13. Carmen Marc Valvo Cocktail Dress || 14. Free People ‘Smokey’ Fringe Sweater Vest || 15. ThePerfext ‘Mimi’ Fringe Skirt || 16. Marni Fringe Clutch